Thursday, February 11, 2010

What I've been watching lately...

I realize it's been a long time since I posted anything. I've had writer's block something fierce. In the meantime, just to give you an idea of what I've been up to, this is a list of the films I've watched in 2010, as part of my New Year's Resolution to watch all the films I've bought (some were gifts, promotional materials from work, or whatever) but never watched. I started out with 465 films in my to-watch pile. As of February 2nd, I've added 9 more. This basically means that as of this posting, I've watched 107 films from a total of 474 that I need to watch, leaving me with 367 still to watch this year, plus whatever I buy to add to that. (Which probably won't be very many as it stands right now because I lose my job next month.)

January:

1. The Betrayed
2. Boy In The Striped Pajamas
3. Howling V/Howling VI
4. 5 Dolls for an August Moon
5. Each Dawn I Die (1939) ^
6. The Believer
7. His Name Was Jason
8. Pathogen
9. The Public Enemy (1931)
10. Cop Killers
11. Hell In The Pacific ^
12. Public Enemies * ^
13. The Night Porter
14. Shottas
15. Dog Bite Dog ^
16. Wendell Baker Story
17. Blindness ^
18. The Kid Stays In The Picture
19. White Heat (1949)
20. Isle of the Dead
21. Brain Damage
22. Mark of the Devil
23. TranSiberian
24. The Fair Haired Child
25. The Great Silence ^
26. Do You Like Hitchcock?
27. Wild Country
28. Two Thousand Maniacs
29. Invisible Target
30. Death Proof
31. What Doesn't Kill You
32. Hell High
33. The Girl From Monday
34. Long Weekend (original)
35. Fracture
36. Teeth
37. Dream Cruise
38. Opera
39. Freaks
40. Woyzeck ^
41. Inferno
42. Screwfly Solution
43. The Squid And The Whale
44. H
45. I Walked With A Zombie
46. The Body Snatcher
47. Rockaway
48. House of the Damned
49. Story of a Prostitute
50. Blood From The Mummy's Tomb
51. The Lookout
52. Snow Angels
53. Tower of Evil
54. Return of the Vampire
55. Sound of Thunder
56. Quarantine
57. Let's Scare Jessica To Death
58. Babel
59. Reservation Road
60. The Nest
61. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
62. Bedlam
63. Bullet Ballet ^
64. Bats:Human Harvest
65. Effects
66. Derailed
67. The Secret (not the psuedo-doc, this has Duchovny in it)
68. Female Prisoner #701:Scorpion
69. Last King of Scotland
70. Wonderland (Winterbottom film, not the John Holmes one)
71. The Bank Job
72. Undertow ^
73. Death Sentence
74. Deliver Us From Evil ^
75. Night of the Creeps


February:

76. The Great Raid
77. Cat People (1943)
78. Tightrope
79. Curse of the Cat People (1944)
80. The Hand
81. This Boy's Life
82. Darjeeling Limited
83. Picture Snatcher (1933)
84. Apt Pupil
85. Ice Harvest
86. Brothers Grimm
87. Deadly Spawn
88. Sublime
89. The Tattooist
90. Sunshine Cleaning
91. Petrified Forest
92. Painted Veil
93. I Confess
94. Big Nothing *
95. Beautiful Country
96. Eye of God ^
97. Horrors Of Dracula
98. Already Dead
99. Grizzly
100. Half Nelson
101. Little Caesar
102. Rendition
103. Rise Blood Hunter
104. Mesrine: Killer Instinct * ^
105. Mesrine: Public Enemy Number 1 * ^
106. Sin
107. Play Misty For Me

* = Film I bought since January 1st, 2010.
^ = Film that I consider a favorite of what I've seen so far in 2010.
(believe it or not, some of these I've watched special features on and/or commentary tracks too.)

You can see how others involved in this New Year's Resolution are doing at http:/tinyurl.com/towatchpile.

More reviews are coming, I just have to get myself motivated again. Hopefully, you'll find this at least vaguely interesting in the meantime.

5 comments:

  1. Holy Jesus.
    What a list!
    How's the burnout?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually not burnt out at all, amazingly enough. I have noticed that I've got a lot of foreign films that I've been saving to watch later because I'm not awake enough for subtitles or whatever... I expect I'll be slowing down considerably when I get to them. I also have a lot I want to see that I don't have yet that I've been putting off because of this project, so as soon as I finish the To-Watch-Pile, I'll be getting started building the next one. I just don't want it to get this out of hand again in the future. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Mesrine. Cassell is one of my favorite actors around nowadays. He can do no wrong. Every month you should do a top five and bottom five of everything you've watched up until that point. Not sure you if you have time, but it would be cool. Take it easy, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm assuming you don't watch any TV? That's a whole lotta viewing hours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have cable television at all, so if my TV is on at all, it's something that I put in. I've just been watching only things that I've bought but haven't watched before, instead of rewatching things for the moment.

    ReplyDelete